Since I am a travel blogger and not a public health expert, it is not my place to give any kind of medical advice. I’ll leave that to the experts.
However, since this website was created as as go-to resource to plan a trip to Tirol, I wanted to create a space to collect useful information with regards to travelling in Tirol during the Coronavirus pandemic.
If you are planning a trip to Tirol during these times, start by researching these sites.
Resources to plan your Tirol Holiday with Covid-19 restrictions
- The Tirol Tourism Board published a COVID-19 Tirol Welcome website with the sole purpose to inform on EVERYTHING you need or might want to know about entry restrictions, current Covid-19 rules, what to do in case you feel sick during your trip, etc.
- Also read up on the up-to-date Information by the Austrian Tourism Board
- The Austrian government also set up a website for „Entry into Austria & pre-travel clearance“
The latest update as of now (October 18th 2022) states: „Entry from States and territories without a very high epidemiological risk: no 3G (proof of vaccination, recovery or a negative test result for SARS-CoV-2), no PTC and no quarantine.“
Tips for travelling to Tirol during the pandemic
- When planning to travel to Tirol, always check local travel guidelines and restrictions.
- Get yourself a proper travel insurance and set aside an emergency budget – just in case you test positive for Covid-19 during your holiday. You’ll most likely have to self-isolate before you can return back home and those days will create extra costs.
- Make flexible bookings: Flights, accommodation, ski passes, etc. – make sure you check cancellation and/or rescheduling policies. If possible always go for refundable options.
- Don’t worry about entry requirements until a few weeks before your trip. There’s no point diving into information in advance that will be outdated long before your trip… The only exception is of course vaccination requirements as these can’t be fixed on short notice
Enjoy your trip to Tirol – despite all circumstances!
Not convinced yet the hassle with be worthwhile? Let me show you otherwise: